Sunday, December 25, 2005

The Rules of the Gaim 3: Nothing's the saim.

A lot of people wonder around me why I'm so "zealout" about Open source software. Of course, the free (as in beer that you don't have to pay for) idea is appealing, but there are many application which are free, but are not open source.
I think this next item will give you at least some indication about what's the force of Open Source is.

The creator of Gaim, a multi protocol Instant Messaging software recently released a beta/release candidate of the 2.0 version. I've had a chance to download it, and use it for the past week and a half. It's way faster than 1.5, and I like it, but had some quirks with some features of it I didn't like. Apparently so did others. The developers not only responded to the info, but, as can be seen in their response, are working on resolving those issues. You don't get that from other software developers, freeware or commercial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker