Thursday, December 08, 2005

From the ass' mouth

As addendum to my previous post about Roger Ebert's comment about Video games, here is the exact quote from his letters column:

"I believe books and films are better mediums, and better uses of my time. But how can I say that when I admit I am unfamiliar with video games? Because I have recently seen classic films by Fassbinder, Ozu, Herzog, Scorsese and Kurosawa, and have recently read novels by Dickens, Cormac McCarthy, Bellow, Nabokov and Hugo, and if there were video games in the same league, someone somewhere who was familiar with the best work in all three mediums would have made a convincing argument in their defense."

Kids, he doesn't know his DOOM from his Space Invaders. Give it a break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker